Monday, January 26, 2009

The Slide Ends Here!!!

Ok, so I'm the first to admit that the last few weeks have been, how can I put this....challenging. I've been working late most nights and definitely not eating right. Combine that with not being able to get to the gym because of the time (and because of MPH) and it wreaks havoc on me. Of course its winter so I'm not doing any cycling to counteract the lack of BJJ which makes me a completely sedentary lump. My cube mates and I have been so busy that we have not even been doing our lunchtime two mile walks in the hangar.

Of course I could have been mitigating some of the affects by watching my diet; but alas not the case. I've indulged in copious amounts of delicious yet deadly foods. My wife has stocked the fridge with wonderful, healthy foods and I have stocked the cabinet with dozens of takeout menus, guess which has won out as of late?

Bottom line: I'VE GAINED SEVEN POUNDS IN THE PAST THREE WEEKS!!!

What the hell? This ends today. I am getting back in control. No more sitting on the sidelines, no more passively deciding what to eat, no more excuses, no more MPH.

I need your help. Because I have classes at work on Tuesday and Thursday nights, I am re-dedicating myself to hitting the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I could use some help in maintaining accountability. If there is no post detailing some kind of strenuous activity on one of those days, someone please call me out on it!!! No excuses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guessing I will be gaining some weight too now that I am sidelined! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

L3 said...

Thanks for the encouragement Caleb!

Yeah, I saw those photos on the website and I must say that was one heck of a "sting". I hope your time off the mats treats you well and that your gain is minimal. I will try to keep my sympathy weight off as well.

-Jay